This guide is for EdgeCaster only. If this software is installed on a non-EdgeCaster device, the device is expected to no longer function properly. If you have any doubts, please contact us before downgrading your EdgeCaster software manually.
Until EdgeCaster on the V2 UI/REST API supports File Recording, FTP, and XML, these instructions will provide the option to revert to V6.5, which was the final release on the EdgeCaster V1 UI/REST API/XML:
- Ensure you have a USB drive or SD card formatted to FAT32
- Click this to download and rename the file to DaemonUpdate
- Click this to download and rename the file to DaemonUpdate.md5
- Click this to download the file named DaemonVersion
- Load all of the above files onto the USB drive or SD card and insert it into the EdgeCaster
- Verify the UI indicates a reboot is needed to update to V6.5
- Reboot EdgeCaster
- Verify the version number listed in the Advanced tab is 220.127.116.11.3
If any issues arise in the process, please feel free to reach out for assistance.