A feature that can be used in conjunction with File Recording is FTP Upload. This allows the files recorded to the USB or SD card to be sent to an FTP Server that you have access to. Videon does not provide an FTP Server for this feature.
How to set up FTP Upload
- Enter your FTP information into the following fields
- FTP Server: This is the URL of the server to upload files to
- Authentication: These fields are the username and password used to access the FTP Server
- FTP Filepath: This is the directory under the FTP Server URL that the files are to be stored in
- Make sure the above username and password have proper permissions to this directory on the server
- Delete file from storage after upload: When turned on, this setting deletes the recorded files from the USB or SD when upload to the FTP Server is complete, allowing you so keep recording without running out of space on the USB or SD
- Once the above settings are configured, click Test Connection to verify if the Videon device will be able to upload files to the FTP as configured above.
- You may need to troubleshoot permissions or authentication credentials with the FTP server if the connection test fails
- Once Test Connection is successful, click OK or Apply