The following are pre-requisites for this guide:
- Have signed up for an Amazon Web Services (AWS) account here.
- Know your external facing IPv4 address by clicking here
Setting up AWS for HTTP Streaming
Create CloudFormation Stack
- Open the CloudFormation template by clicking here: ULL CloudFormation Template
- Select the region closest to you from the title bar in the upper right corner of the CloudFormation screen, options are N. Virginia, Oregon, Seoul, Sydney, Tokyo, Frankfurt, Ireland, and Stockholm
- From the “Create Stack” screen, select the “Next” button on the bottom right of the screen
- From the “Specify stack details”, enter the following fields:
- Stack Name – The default is “ULL”, you can name it something different, but it cannot be the same name as an existing stack
- MediaStoreContainerName – The default is “MyContainer”, you can name is something different, but no spaces, just numbers/characters
- EncoderIP – This is the encoder IP addressed determined in slide 5.
- EnableCloudFront – The default is “False”. Set this to true if you want to configure a CloudFront distribution to serve your content. This is recommended, but it adds about 15 minutes to the orchestration time for this template.
- Leave all the other fields unmodified, and select the “Next” button at the bottom right of the screen
- From the “Configure stack options” screen select the “Next” button at the bottom right of the screen
- From the “Review Stackname” screen, check the Capabilities acknowledgment and select the “Create stack” button at the bottom right of the screen.
- When the stack is complete, you should see a green “CREATE_COMPUTE” check box under the Stacks column. When deploying with CloudFront set to true, this should take 20 minutes. When deploying without CloudFront, it should take less than 3 minutes.
To set up EdgeCaster, follow these instructions