There is currently a known issue with this functionality. Direct connecting the Videon 4K products currently does not work. This issue should be available in the next software release for Videon 4K products. To configure via direct connect, the REST API must be used.
If a Videon 4K product is not assigned an IP through static configuration or a DHCP server, it will default to 192.168.1.100.
To connect to the Videon device in this state follow the steps below:
- Direct connect a computer to the Videon device via Ethernet.
- There should be just an Ethernet cable between the two, no switches, routers, or other equipment.
- Set the network information on the computer to the following
- IP Address: 192.168.1.102
- Netmask: 255.255.255.0
- Gateway: 192.168.1.0
- DNS: 0.0.0.0
- Reboot the Videon device
- Enter 192.168.1.100 into a Chrome browser