File recording tips
Safely Remove Storage Device
- Remember to click "Safely Remove" before removing the storage device. This ensures the recording process is complete
Known Incompatibilities and Recommended Drives
- There is a known potential incompatibility with SanDisk Ultra USB 3.0 32GB drives. Some drives of this model have been seen to not work at all with Videon devices.
- An example of a known compatible storage devices are as follows
- Kingston DTSE9
- SanDisk Ultra SD Cards
- Make sure there is enough space on the storage device as indicated by the amount of time remaining reported by the web UI
- There is only support for FAT32 filesystems
- VersaStreamer 4K accepts either USB or SD card for recording. The first one plugged in will be the device that recordings are saved to.
- Filename can be customized and will be saved with a timestamp creating a file of the format Filename_YearMonthDate_HoursMinutesSeconds.ts
- Do not use forward slashes, '/', in the name
- Files are saved as .ts (transport stream), so make sure to use a player that supports .ts files or convert the file to the desired format before using it
- File chunk size - recordings will be split into 2GB chunks to ensure corruption does not occur on long recordings