For point-to-point streaming with Videon devices as both the encode and decode side, follow this guide.
Setting up the a Videon device as an encoder
- Connect to the Videon encoder
- Navigate to Encoder Control in the Streaming Dashboard
- Click Configure under Output Settings
- Click the Unicast tab
- Under either Unicast Output A or B
- Choose rtp or udp based on Unicast streaming tips
- Enter the decoder's IP into the IP Address field
- If the decoder is on the same network, enter the decoder's IP assigned on the local network
- If the decoder is on a different network, enter the decoder's public IP (Google search for "What is my IP" on a computer on the same network as the decoder)
- Enter the port to stream on into the Port field (more information on this also in Unicast streaming tips)
- If the decoder is on a different network, the port will be set up via port forwarding
- Click the On/Off switch next to Unicast Output A or B to ON
- Click either OK or Apply
A common decoder used in testing is VLC. Simply go to "Open network stream" and enter [rtp or udp]://@:[PORT], click Play, and you should see your stream!